Tuesday 13 August 2013

Compare the market - and I won as far as I'm concerned

I'm exhausted after a really long and hard day of work. Strange I realise as I am in my last week of being gainfully employed but the majority of the work I have carried out today is in the guise of my new role as 'home director' (I still balk at the 'other' title - I'll get used to it I'm sure).

You see in my effort to get organised and fulfill my role as home director I have spent most of my day and evening on comparison sites, looking at home and car insurance quotes! Oh the excitement! But strangely there does have to be something said about shopping around - if you have the time! 

I consulted my new fave website 'money saving expert' and was advised to check out four, yes 4, price comparison sites and then also check individual sites such as Direct Line and Aviva (who we currently use and seem to be so expensive now i have the time to look around). This is a v lengthy process but the results spoke for themselves as we will be saving so much money. The comparison sites all came back with fairly similar results BUT the site that offered the best (cheapest) quotes was Comparethemarket.com. All those years of putting up with 'simples' adverts have paid off. I'm not interested in getting my stuffed Meerkat toy (DD may disagree) what I'm delighted with is how much money we are saving on homes & contents for a much bigger house. Result. Plus compare also has come out tops on car insurance. Again saving us a huge amount of money! Yay!



Now as a 'sales person' for the last how ever many years, I have always got a buzz from hitting targets and beating budgets so the hard work of today has given me a glimmer of hope that my new life will, in fact still fulfill this side of me - if only in a slightly different manner? 

So tomorrows challenge, cheaper pet insurance, cheaper gas and electricity (for a bigger house?), cheaper phone, broadband and TV. Simples eh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment